Agency Spotter released their 2017 Trends Report detailing the marketing services landscape for the year. It’s a great read for anyone in the creative, advertising, marketing or PR agency business.
You can download the full report, but here are some of the top highlights:
- Brands are seeking to replace their Agency of Record every 2.8 years and brands have more AOR relationships than ever (think: advertising, PR, digital, mobile, social media, CRM, branding, experiential)
- Meanwhile, more budget is shifting to project-based work
- Year over year traffic on Agency Spotter is up from over 100 countries, indicating that more brands are searching for support worldwide
- B2B decision makers are younger than ever, with 40% between the ages of 25-34
- 81% of decision makers start their agency search online
- Most decision makers do not reach out to agencies until they are 57% of the way through the decision making process
The report also includes great insights like the seasonal trends in agency searches.
For example, January through June, there are more searches for agencies who can deliver content marketing, PR, Search SEO/PPC, data analytics, shopper marketing, events marketing and healthcare marketing.
Whereas, July through December, there are more searches for e-commerce, branding, user experience design, email marketing, CRM automation, motion video, graphic design, WOMM and animation.
The report is a terrific primer on what brands most need from agencies and how we should structure our services to deliver those solutions.